Show mom you appreciate all she’s ever done for you by doing something thoughtful for her on Mother’s Day. We are bringing you some fun things to do with your mom, whether you’ve got plenty of cash, or you’re scrounging up the pennies in your couch, these are some fun ideas for your mom.
For the Money-Man/Woman:
- San Diego Sailing Tours – if you don’t already have your own yacht, talk to these guys, and book a private charter for up to 6 guests! She’ll love the scenery, and the cool breeze on her face. Top it off by bringing her favorite bottle of sparkling, and you’ve scored some massive brownie points!! Keep in mind that beverages and snacks are also provided for your enjoyment!
- La Jolla Cooks 4 You – Your mom will be impressed if you show off your interest in learning how to cook like a pro if you book a private cooking class from chef Jodi. Jodi opens her La Jolla home to guests as she teaches you techniques and how to make fabulous dishes. The view from her kitchen is unparalleled, and her table setting skills makes you feel like you’re dining on a photo shoot of Better Homes.
- San Diego Sky Tours – Is your mom adventurous? If she is, ask these guys about the aerobatics they offer on their tours. Soar over the coast of the popular beaches and down to the San Diego Bay for memorable views of your city. Then, out of no where, have the pilot do some fun aerobatics to get yours and mom’s heart pumping with adrenaline.
For the Penny Scrounger/Budgeter:
- Balboa Park – Pack a lunch, bring a blanket and mom’s favorite iced tea for a fun family picnic in beautiful Balboa Park! Walk through the rose garden, name one after her, and set up shop near the Botanical Building and watch the ducks as you eat your lunch. At 2pm, head to the Organ Pavilion for a free Mother’s Day concert.
- The Carlsbad Flower Fields – The Flower Fields will end the season with a bang as they celebrate Spring and Mom! Bring cash for the arts and crafts fair as well as the bonsai show! After the fields, be sure to make reservations for a cocktail and sunset. Check out Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort.
- Coronado Ferry – Rent bikes at Wheel Fun Rentals off Harbor Drive, and take the Ferry across to Coronado Island! Cruise along Glorietta Bay, along the streets with gorgeous homes, and end back at the Ferry Landing for lunch and a ride back to Downtown, San Diego.
And, for those of you who are interested in showing your mom a great time, have a bit of money to spend, and love to drink wine, check out the So Diego Tours’ Gaslamp Quarter Wine Stroll on Mother’s Day at 3:00pm. $69/person includes visits to 3 wine bars, cheeses and other snacks, and a guided tour of the historic Gaslamp Quarter.