San Diego is full of things to do, places to see and more! With so many choices it can be hard to know where to go. One of the must-see areas in San Diego is the Historic Gaslamp Quarter. Located in Downtown San Diego, the Gaslamp Quarter is the dining, entertainment and nightlife district of San Diego. With over 100+ bars, restaurants and shops, there is never a loss for things to do in San Diego. Here is a quick guide on things to do in the Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego.
Shop Till You Drop
Boutiques and More – The Gaslamp has ample amount of choices for shopping in San Diego. From boutiques to major stores, you are guaranteed to find what you are looking for or even something you didn’t know you were looking for! Some of the best boutiques in the area include Dolcetti, Eden and Haven. If you are looking for a mall, look no further than Horton Plaza. Horton Plaza offers 6 ½ blocks of pure shopping. So go on, shop till you drop!
Food Tours & History Tours
Brothels, Bites and Booze - There is no better way to experience the Gaslamp Quarter than on a food and history tour. Walk through the Gaslamp and hear tales of the seedy past when the area was known as a Red Light District, and learn how the Gaslamp Quarter has become the thriving historical district it is today. Along the way stop in at four amazing restaurants and enjoy delicious samples of food and drink! Click HERE for more information.
Bars, Lounges & Nightclubs – With the title of entertainment district of San Diego, the Gaslamp Quarter has to deliver. The selection of bars, lounges and nightclubs can be overwhelming, especially when they are always changing. It is almost impossible to pick a favorite, but here are a couple top picks to check out.
- Bar: Quality Social – Quality Social pays tribute to the most iconic neighborhood bar elements while providing a high quality experience for visitors of San Diego, as well as locals who deserve and demand a venue of premium caliber. We suggest the “H” cocktail to sip on and the Duck Wings to munch on.
- Sports Bar: Lucky Bastard Saloon – Located in the Historic San Diego Hardware Company Building, this biker-themed saloon is sure to deliver a good time. Not to mention the Lucky Bastard Saloon boasts 38 big screen TV’s for your sports viewing pleasure!
- Cocktail Bar: Prohibition – This secret underground bar pays homage to the prohibition days. Each cocktail you order is carefully crafted. There is no rushing your experienced bartender as they create the masterpiece that is your cocktail. From the secret door, to the house rules, to the 3-piece band, Prohibition serves up a night that you won’t forget.
- Lounge: Altitude – Incredible views, delicious cocktails and a cool vibe is just a taste of what Altitude is about. Located 22 floors high, Altitude is the lounge that is not to be missed while in the Gaslamp Quarter.
- Nightclub: Fluxx – Located in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter, FLUXX is a National Award-Winning, experiential nightlife venue where the theme is ever changing. It is the perfect place to let your hair down and get crazy!