Everyone loves to sing—in the car, with the undefeated acoustics of the shower, and of course, surrounded by friends at a karaoke bar. It doesn’t matter whether you’re good or not (especially with the empowering effects of eight shots). Truly, there’s no better way to serenade your significant other or live out your popstar fantasies than with a good ol’ karaoke experience.
Discover the best and brightest stages to hit with the help of this article. As experts in San Diego tours, we’ll take you through the options to find the best karaoke in San Diego for a:
- Girls’ night out
- Bachelorette Bash
- Family bonding outing
- Full send with friends
- Date to remember
Let’s dive in!
“Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” – Cyndi Lauper
Anyone trying to plan a girls weekend in San Diego must put this on their itinerary. So Diego Tours recommends El Camino’s Taco Tuesday and Karaoke night as a perfect venue made for a girls’ night out. You’ll find satisfying Mexican fare, margaritas, micheladas, and a mic to memorialize this weekend.
The atmosphere definitely dims down at night and becomes a bit like a club. Clubbing without the fanfare and heels? How’d you know what I wanted for Christmas? Take a look at some of the best selects from their drink menu specials:
- La fresa “Strawberry” – El Jimador Reposado, Cointreau, fresh-pressed strawberries, limes, sweet and sour, orange juice, spicy tajin rim
- Spicy “Passion Fruit” – El Jimador Reposado, triple sec, passionfruit, firewater bitters, lime, agave, tajin rim
- La flaca “Skinny” – Don Julio Blanco, agave, Cointreau, lime
- Tropical Punch in the Face – Malibu coconut rum, Cazadores Tequila Reposado, triple sec, lemonade, pineapple, lime, champagne
- El Camino Sunrise – Cazadores Tequila Reposado, orange juice, triple sec, grenadine, lime, cherries
- Spicy Watermelon – Hornitos Reposado, tamarind vodka, firewater bitters, lime, watermelon, orgeat, soda
You can order a pitcher of margarita or an entire punch bowl. AKA: Say hello to your new go-to spot for evenings out with your girl group. You’ll be leaving at closing (2 A.M. on Fridays and Saturdays) only to come back the next weekend as a regular.
“Like a Virgin” – Madonna
It’s the perfect venue to reminisce with the bridal party. Looking for a no-frills dive bar with good drinks and a loyal following? Take your girls to The Lamplighter.
“Um seriously, if you are in San Diego and you don’t end the night at the Lamp you are not really in San Diego.” –an artfully-phrased and accurate Yelp review.
Here, you can feel free to:
- Get nostalgic with the Spice Girls to bring back the times when your home-cut bangs ruined your life.
- Bring back the Beyoncé hit that you refused to stop playing after you broke up with that guy who brewed his own beer in his mom’s basement.
- Let your memories transport you and relive everything with your favorite people and “a few” drinks.
Honestly, alcohol, a karaoke bar in San Diego, and a bachelorette party in San Diego? A more perfect combination has probably never been typed.
“We are Family” – Sister Sledge
If you have younger ones, consider renting a private karaoke room. Karaoke rooms in San Diego can actually be quite affordable. It might be kind of you to not subject a crowded place to your kids’ rendition of the Frozen soundtrack over and over. You’ll also avoid having to tell your daughter to let it go when she tries to signal a repeat performance.
Just kidding! Enjoy a great night out that’s family-friendly at Min Sok Chon.
They have great personalized karaoke rooms. Plus, with affordable prices and delicious Korean food that can be ordered straight to your karaoke room, you can take your family out for something new that gives everyone a chance to shine!
“I’ll Be There for You” – The Rembrandts
Looking to switch it up with your friend group? You’re all in this together with this outing. Keep it wholesome and sing along to all your favorite throwbacks at Bobos Craft Beers & Mu Music Studio Karaoke.
It’s a great karaoke venue that can accommodate large groups. Here is everything they have to offer:
- Soju and craft beer on tap so you can start your night there or keep it going all night. And there’s nothing like a little liquid courage to embolden you to try to hit that note—or to dull the pain when it’s that one friend’s turn.
- Take up the tambourines to make your rendition as equally fabulous as the production behind Beyonce’s Homecoming.
- Happy hour room rates are available for the extra time you’ll need to get through Taylor Swift’s discography. It’d be criminal to skip a single song from her life journey.
With the nicest owners running the place, Bobos is the perfect spot for good vibes, entertainment and an overall great time with your best friends.
“You Belong with Me” – Taylor Swift
Maybe you’ve learned from your acoustic rendition of “Baby” by Justin Bieber during your homecoming proposal that it isn’t your most effective move. Or, maybe you want to judge your date based on their go-to karaoke song. Put them and yourself to the test with a daring karaoke outing.
You can, however, keep it intimate and head to the renovated Melody Karaoke & Cafe on Convoy Street. It’s affordable and a hip spot with private karaoke rooms. With its modern touchscreen, you can queue up your setlist without leafing through giant books filled with endless, somewhat sticky, laminated pages.
Wow your date by going multilingual. Melody Karaoke & Cafe has songs available in:
Need sustenance to fuel your serenades? Check out our list of Convoy Street restaurants for reliable recommendations. Check out our other date ideas in San Diego for the next date you land with your courageous decision to sing the entirety of “Bohemian Rhapsody”.
Sing Your Heart Out
With a thorough breakdown of karaoke in San Diego, you have no excuse not to live out your American Idol dreams. Start warming up those vocals. Not because karaoke is a competition but, okay, maybe you do get a little competitive. Have fun out there and know that those karaoke room performance ratings are total shams! With the help of So Diego Tours, you’re in for a great time.
- Yelp. Melody Karaoke & Bar. https://www.yelp.com/biz/melody-karaoke-and-cafe-san-diego?osq=karaoke+bar+friday+night+family+friendly
- Yelp. The Lamplighter. https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-lamplighter-san-diego